We’re often asked by prospects, customers, affiliates, etc. “why should I pay for a service that I can get for free”? It’s a great question. The Internet is full of free tools. In the case of LinkTiger, I thought I’d point out the difference. Here is a summary of the value you get with a commercial tool like ours vs. free tools (e.g. WordPress plug-in).
1) The LinkTiger service AUTOMATICALLYchecks your web site(s) for broken links every day and will notify you if any links are broken. The free tools usually require you to manually run a scan. The value? As Ron Popiel says “You can set it and forget it”!
2) Free tools like the WordPress plug-in only checks the site it is installed on, while LinkTiger checks multiple domains with one broken link report for all sites in a centralized dashboard.
4) We’ll check external links as well as internal links.
5) We offer Support in case you have questions, issues, etc.
6) Collaboration – we offer the ability to easily share reports with multiple team members.
Is it worth to pay for this type of service? Only you can decide if there’s value however, as one of our Affiliates puts it:
“Web masters invest a lot in order to build quality links and doing all other on page and off page SEO tasks in order to increase their page rank. A lot of them don’t pay attention to broken links and lose, because Google gives broken links high importance”.
We would agree.